Sunday, May 14, 2017

OBSESSION......9

KRITHIKA ….2 :-
Oh I am coming after a pretty long gap ! I am sure you would not have forgotten. Life in interior districts of Tamil Nadu is sweet, uncomplicated and a sort of linear in nature. But people like me always want some complications to make the same meaning full and interesting!
After my Post Graduation in Food & Nutrition I was sort of chilling myself in the cocooned environment of home. Good fat food, afternoon naps were the luxuries to indulge. But life was not supposed to be spent that way. That too in a family filled up with successful siblings!
I was trying to figure out what to do with the post graduation in Food Science and Nutrition. One of the options prompted by my elder sister was research abroad. That needed a year or two of preparation in India followed by another PG abroad and then applying for research scholarship. I felt that was not my cup of tea, rather Coffee. You know that I am a coffee addict, that too typical Andhra type darker and less milk - Chicory blended !
Another choice was to get into the wave of IT boom which was engulfing the entire industrial segment. But my current degree and training would never come handy therefore I need to go the Business Process Outsourcing way (BPO), which meant call center and night duties, which was unappealing.
I therefore started shooting applications and resumes to all and sundry in Chennai every day. But apply, apply and no reply was the case as none accepted / acknowledged my posts.  
Meanwhile I turned green out of jealousy as one of my batch mate got a job in a big Food MNC in Chennai. She was a deafer with lesser mark and smartness.( In my humble opinion no one is as mart as me!!).
Meanwhile I was spending time taking tuition to a few children and teaching in a private college in the district headquarters.
When one day I got a call from a new company in Chennai seeking my telephonic interview for the position of Scientific officer I was transformed to cloud 9 !!



No comments: