Monday, May 1, 2017

OBSESSION.......8

ME…2
News about Sudhir’s career move reached me through my mother who was living in Chennai and wanted me back there to take care of my father who was ailing. She had contact with Sudhir’s mother and got the information when she was chatting with her.

I called Sudhir from Africa. He was as usual boasting about this and that of himself ! Calls from Africa especially then were very costly, but one had to put up with that to break ice and get one’s way. After all that egoistic talk he wanted to know how I was doing. I cried my heart out and told him I was in need of a quick and desperate change to be with my parents.

I was advised to send my resume to him. Things fell in place quickly and I had a telephonic interview with Sudhir and same was followed by his Boss. Then an offer letter was faxed to me .

There were issues in getting relived from Africa. Sudhir was very resourceful, he told me to abandon everything and fly. He told me that there would be no need for any relieving letter etc.

 I moved to Chennai. I was charged with the function of setting up my department and build a team to implement company’s policies etc. Thus my search for Scientific Officers began. I was away from Indian industries for nearly five years as I was away from mother land and working Africa. I had to seek help from a few known professionals known to me in and around Chennai.

There were a few candidates recommended by my mother too as she too had a wide circle of friends. I took one candidate like that who was from pharma background.


One of my friends passed on a bunch of resumes which she had received earlier for her office. One of the resume was that of Krithika’s !

No comments: