Thursday, March 23, 2017

MY TRYST WITH INDIAN LAW......2

PK had little scope for escape and he was promptly moved to another section as a prelude to removal. PK had sensed that and was becoming alert. With the management’s permission he was given marching order to our main factory in Punjab some 100 KM away from PK’s home.   
PK refused to accept the letter of transfer which was promptly sent by registered post later with acknowledgement due. Thus entry to PK to the factory was stopped. Later we came to know PK’s Rasa Leela and his alleged heart throbs within the same department.
As per routine practice in HP local Congress leaders have started calling me one by one. They were insisting that PK should be taken back and reinstated in the same department and same role immediately.
I stood firm on my stand and refused to entertain any such calls. Then the local Congress leader paid a visit along with PK’s school teacher who also happened to be the local area Sarpanch of the village. When PK’s alleged scandal was told to them they were shocked and appreciated my determination in weeding out such miscreants.                                                           
By then PK had sensed my stubbornness and moved to the Congress led union for help. PK’s brother was also working in our company and he was a union leader in Congress affiliated union. Congress led union then took him to the Industries minister.
There was a delegation of SDM, Director of Industries, Pollution Controller and Labour Commissioner all unannounced to our factory on a surprise visit. First there was a request and then threats to put me down and show me my way to Chennai by all of them en-mass.
Management was with me and they supported till the end. Thus nearly two months had elapsed and PK did not get salary or any financial help.
One day there was a visitor to my office along with the HR manager. This Gentleman then showed his visiting card which stuck me like a ton of bricks. He was the State President of SC/ST employees.
He categorically told me that if we do not take PK back there would be riots outside the factory as their number was far too high in our rolls.  Till then I was not even aware of “ THE SCHEDULED CASTE & THE SCHEDULED TRIBES PREVENTION OF ATROCITIES ACT 1989 No.33. “.
I had to show him PK’s personal file to him and stressed the fact that the track record of PK was not good. He had issues earlier including physically man handling fellow worker earlier.

By then this Gentle Man had become close to me as he had a Rakhi sister in Madurai (TN) and showed me his snaps with Great Indian Political leaders like Bhuta Singh who was a leader of SC/ST group , Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi etc. I told him that though, I admired him and his leadership my hands tied in this case. He then wanted to speak o our MD. I told him he was free to do so.
                                                             to be continued ........

No comments: