Thursday, April 20, 2017

OBSESSION ....3

RAMESH. B :-

Hi everyone!  My name is Ramesh . B ! I know you all would be curious to know what “B” stands for. “B” has got different meaning at different locations and time! Well we South Indians especially , Tamils keep our father’s name in front of our name. In my case it should be actually “B” for “Balaji” my father’s name.

He is one person I love to hate so I say some times “B” stands for    “ Bast….D”. You must be put off by this comment. But as I told you earlier, he is one person I love to hate. He was in the armed forces. Would leave us for months together and move to all god forsaken places in the country. Would land up one fine morning and start dictating his command at our home.

For him everything and at every time was discipline, discipline and more discipline! My elder brother who is three years elder to me adhered to my father’s commands and became an officer in the army succeeding my father’s footsteps. In my case I was very averse to army life and never ever ventured into anything of that sort in my life.

I wanted to be a BAZZIGAR (Trickster) which suited my character and style of working. I was treated very badly by my father at home. While everyone sat and had their meals on the dining table I was always made to squat on the floor and eat as my father thought that my table manners were bad.

Every now and then comparisons would be made with my brother and me. I was always put down on account of this which made me even to hate my brother at one point. I then reconciled to the fact that if I am unable to beat my brother in a straight manner then the best alternative would be to become a crook and defeat him.
I could hardly choose the straight path of hard work studies and straight forwardness. For me the best path was to take shortcut and then exploit the situation to move forward. Someone there were always chances and I could therefore climb the rope with little difficulty. I did my graduation from a god forsaken college. By all unfair means I cloud scarp through my graduation. I had by then gained the blessing of a distance uncle and with his help and recommendation enrolled in an evening college and did a Diploma in Marketing Management.

The same uncle took pity on me and recommended me for a sales job. I started selling printed wrappers for all and sundry goods. Be it food, paste, masala, spices and condiments I had packing solution for the same.

Some months were good I excelled my target and some months were not so good. Still I could hold on to my job with little difficulty.  Whenever I used to meet big shots in Industry I would try to copy their ways and means of dealing with people like me. This gave me lot of inputs to dress, deal and cover up people.

I took fancy for a girl in my own area. I chose someone who was working. With my ways of impressing people it was easy for me to hook her too ! Against my parents especially my father’s wish I got married to her and I am now looking for next big break in my career !!


No comments: