Tuesday, April 18, 2017

OBSESSION.........2

Sudhir:-

Hi everyone! My name is Sudhir ! Well you may be curious to know my surname. It is Subramanian. “ Sudhir and Subramanian what a combination” You may wonder! My father who was working in North India, out of admiration for his then Boss Sudhir Datta gave me this name Sudhir ! As already known Subramanian is my father’s name. So I became SS…Sudhir Subramanian.

Well I am from IIT(M) M stands for Madras.. One of the most  prestigious colleges of India. Now I am in my late forties, that was as of at the beginning of this story.

I have spent most of my time in Food Industry, though I am supposed to be a Mechanical Engineer. At the least I am a bit happy, I could apply some of my knowledge of Engineering in day to day work, unlike my class mates who went to Management and started selling Shampoos or writing programs on software companies.
Though I did my studies from IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) I was not a very ambitious person to move to the USA or to get into IIM (Indian Institute of Management) as the main motivator for me is morning coffee and evening money from Stock Market, which my wife used to manage very meticulously.

I have no inhibition in admitting that I am an egotist and feel always proud talking about myself, myself, myself as beyond that I did little to learn or master. To talk, rather brag more about myself I got to have a crowd who would listen day in and day out my own stories and keep playing second fiddle for my bragging.

For the same, wherever I went, I cultivated a lot of second line people or sidekicks who would not survive without my support. This cloning helped me all along to survive with little difficulty. In our industry with so much of recession and job scarcity there are always people available to sing your tune and try to live a life of survival!
God has blessed me with a good face, physique, friendly disposition. These qualities always helped me to get my way and my own way wherever I went. Thus life has been all along a great interesting journey. But you know who wants a simple straight line we want “curves” I mean literally and figuratively!

The opportunity came to me and I thought I was making the best use of that. But only later I realized that “How foolish I was to rock the boat of family life. How much misery I had caused to all and sundry who had put their faith in me” !

It is always said that “ Extra Marital” affair is like bribe. Once someone gets into the same there is no limit to it. I realized  it a bit too late and regret it. I was involved in both of them.


I am sure the same would make an interesting reading and bring corporate life in a different perspective to all of you !

                                                                 to be concluded........

No comments: