Thursday, April 27, 2017

OBSESSION .... 6

SUDHIR ….2
Life was going on very smoothly and steadily! I was able to climb many ladders in my corporate career swiftly and steadily as I was considered to be a “star performer” by all corporate stalwarts of my company. I was also constantly devoting my attention to fulfill my time and efforts to become indispensible for the company. I was frequently updating myself with all that was going around in my field by browsing the net, meeting regularly marketing professionals from my suppliers as well as competitors.
All were very fond of talking as they rarely get a good listener like me. Thus whenever any sales / marketing persons sought an appointment, the standing instruction in my office was to accommodate their request and allocate maximum time for them.
They were taken care well by my office team. Best cups and cutlery were used to serve them unlimited amount of refreshments. When they came to my chamber they were made to sing and unload all possible information from the market place.
Thus I was always one step ahead of all the persons in our set up in terms of market information.
In the personal front too I was blessed with two babies in succession in a span of three years. With this our family was felt to be complete. Uma was indeed very happy with this. The arrival of kids and my own career progress made Uma’s working redundant. She chose to be an housewife with full time responsibility of taking active care of the kids.
Uma was good with intra- day trading which she had learnt with her banking skills. She became an active participant in stock market supplementing to our family kitty.
With my experience with many suppliers of machinery and materials now I started getting a lot of feelers for supporting them for extra personal benefits for me. Initially I was reluctant, but later found out that the ways of the world was different and fell into the trap. Thus money was pouring in and making our nest well provided and taken care off!
Despite illegal gratification sleep for me was never a problem as I was taking care of people up the lane by providing very expensive gifts for all and sundry who visited our city. Thus there was always a dozen special Kancheevaram sarees at home to give to wives of seniors whenever they passed by the city !!
One fine morning, I got a call from a head hunter asking me for a meeting with them in a posh star hotel. It was irresistible once in a life time offer as briefed by the head hunter!!  
Thus my second saga of an Italian innings began!!









No comments: