Wednesday, April 12, 2017

RINN & ME........12


Recommendation:-

By now, I was convinced that the time for moving up RINN had come. I was also sure that, if and only if, moved up in the hierarchy she would do well and contribute her mite for the company. This would also mean reward for a hard working and dedicated loyalist. Otherwise she would remain  a sucker who was interested in money like a mercenary and least interested in contributing to the organization’s growth and personal development.

We were setting up our R&D center and laboratory. We were also in dire need of people in our Packing Section to work as supervisors as there was no one responsible from local side.

In all fairness, I had made a draft of recommendation to the Director mentally at the least ten times, most of the time making the draft in the dawn when in my mind, when my energy level was at activity was at its peak. The letter was typed out in the lap top and then to get the right name of RINN she was asked to write her name in a piece of paper in full. RINN was curious and at the same time told me that she trusted me fully. I also told her that I would not betray her trust and also asked her to say a prayer in her home’s altar every day.

The mail was sent to Director during the first week of the New Year stating that RINN be made a Supervisor in the section of Packing where she was employed from the beginning.

After that I forgot the matter then and there. I was convinced that I should not tell the proposal to RINN and therefore did not even breathe about the same to anyone. But our Director known for his own unilateral way of working was not even willing to talk to me about the same despite talking so many other things under the Sun every day.

I was a bit curious to read his mind, so I asked him to recruit a set of three or two Packing Supervisors. Out of the blue one fine morning two girls were dropped in to the department and introduced as Packing Supervisors of our factory by the Human Resources Manager ( HR).

This created a big ruckus in the department as people were used to be pushed and prodded by Karanas and not by locals. Locals were willing to be ruled by outsiders but did not want to be pushed around by fellow Malagasy people. There were murmurs initially, which later became cat calls. Packers started finding fault with the supervisor’s approach, attitude, disposition and what not. Everything about the lady Supervisors was not acceptable to the local team.

By then RINN started telling me that we did not do the right thing by recruiting local supervisors and started finding fault with me for not training them etc. I told her she need to give time for people to settle down and they were recruited keeping in mind the local girls interest in mind.

This put her off and she once aging gone back to her old self of not acknowledging greetings and not making even eye contact with me. As someone used to that type of her behavior I did not take it seriously. But on the day when there was a meeting called by HR Manager to solve the supervisor’s issue the leader of the pack against Supervisors turned out to be RINN. She was in her best in Malagasy language arguing in the open meeting and got too many claps from the local workmen.

RINN used to wear a jeans with lot of slits and cutting on the thigh portion. I used to say that that gives an impression RINN has become very poor. Her Comment used to be that that was the fashion and trend . On the day of the show down with Supervisors she was wearing the same jeans and speaking vociferously.  I could see the trend of a Union Leader in her behavior.

                                                                   To be concluded.......

No comments: