Wednesday, December 28, 2016

24x7 CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER


A telephone call from my brother on 9th Sep'14. made me to retrieve the ticket I had booked for a trip to Chennai on 22nd Oct’14 from the internet immediately. On seeing the boldly printed 24x7 Sales & Reservation phone Nos. I asked my secretary to change the date of booking of the ticket to 25th Sep’14 so that my wife could proceed early to take care of my mother who requires some medical intervention. There were two telephone numbers listed and I just left it like that.
Before going home my secretary came back and stated that she could not reach both the numbers whole day (9871803333 and 9654003333). After marathon effort, finally a break- through came at about 6 PM wherein I could reach a customer service agent who said that I could change the journey date and I need to pay INR 1500 plus INR 268. He was polite enough to remind me that the fares were dynamic and I may have to pay more if I delay the same by a day or two.
After reaching home from 8 PM till 10.30 PM all that I could hear was a jingle which was made very badly and so very irritating, in view of the emergency I was forced to bear with the same. After hearing the jingle now I can sing the same even in reverse order but the listeners would vanish from the room.
By 10.30 PM I lost my hope and tried to get the same done using the websitewww.spicejet.com. But here one cannot change one ticket like we do with IRCTC etc. should do both the passengers name at the same time.
At last by 2 AM I could reach the call center executive. Initially he was also telling INR 1500 plus INR 165. Then on pushing a bit strongly the tone changed to INR 165. To pay INR 165 I was put on a IVR gateway. There to use the credit card I had to generate a OTP (one time password). For that I had to disconnect and go to my credit card website. The call center executive of my credit card gave me a great counsel of generating OTP using website and doing it by myself to avert disturbance to him during the late night.
On reaching Spice Jet call center after repeated calls and the same irritating jingle, I was asked to key in the OTP. After three plus attempts, the transaction got declined. By 3 AM the call center executive gave me an alternate suggestion of opening my lap top and going to their website and doing the transaction myself using a new PNR number. By doing this I got a refund of INR 75.
Morals of the story…………… 24x7 help center numbers are not really 24x7. It may be 24x7 for you to lose your sleep and not for the airline.
Airline fares are dynamic, but help and empathetic attitude are not! Dynamics of fares can be both ways !
Airlines are always right and customers can never be right. 

No comments: