Wednesday, December 28, 2016

ENCOUNTER WITH MODERN .......BUDDHA !


Mornings are very precious. It is not worth wasting time in the morning ferting over trivial issues which may bug you the whole day. Good or bad a nice long walk helps one to start the day afresh and set the pace for a good, peaceful day. That day morning, I was walking on the road towards Anna Nagr tower park in Chennai. As I was about to take a turn a car came near me and halted abruptly. A young man was at the wheel and asked me the direction to go to Ayyaappa Temple.I told him to take the first left turn and was about to move. This man asked me whether I was going in the same direction. I answered in the affirmative and he sought me to get into the car. I was a bit hesitant, but the twinkle in his eyes told me to get inside. I got inside the car and asked him casually whether he won't kidnap me. He burst into to laughter and asked me if he did kidnap me how much ransom should he ask ... 10 or 20 crores. I told him naughtily that if he made such a demand my folks would abandon me and I would become a burden on him. Then he told me that he was going to pick up his girl friend who lived near the Tower park and told me that rather than being an unpaid driver, voluntary ATM, all time errand boy and permanent body guard for his girl friend it would be worth looking for the job of a kidnapper ! He asked me my name. I told him mine and he told me his name as Gautam ! So this is the enlightenment I got from Modern Buddha near Ayyappa Temple on that day morning !!!

No comments: