Friday, December 16, 2016

LITTLE THINGS....MADURAI PACKING GIRL.

Little things ………..
When you sit back, relax, ruminate and masticate old instances, lingering thoughts, anecdotes and episodes,  you will be amazed to note that not big promotions, grand titles, fat bonus that have brought happiness in one’s life !!! Small….. Pretty little things that were done by so thoughtful people have brought in more joy in one’s life.  Wish to share a few ones!
 
In eighties, in India among middle class to own a two wheeler was indeed an ultimate achievement .  Hero Honda had just entered the market with a four storoke bike. Bajaj was still very popular, with a long waiting period for many models. My first vehicle was a two wheeler BAJAJ Cub. Chetack was still in waiting list case so I had to settle for 100 CC Cub as the same was available without any waiting list. Distance from my flat in Anna Nagar Madurai to the factory in Ramanad road was sixteen kilometers and would take half an hour.
I had bought the vehicle new and was driving with a “L” board as I was getting used to the vehicle. One day, as I was returning home alone a bit early, as I had to catch the night train to leave for Chennai.  The Mercury color vehicle, after a five or six Kilometers running from the factory,  would not move and started giving trouble.
I was getting jittery, as I had to leave for the railway station and my family was waiting for me in the home ready to leave. I had not seen any service station or mechanic on the road. I was getting worried and looking here and there. I saw one of our factory worker, she was a girl in the packing section coming out of her home. On seeing her, I decided to leave the vehicle near her home in her custody and take a bus to reach my home.
I casually walked towards her and expressed my predicament. She agreed to park the vehicle near her hut. I pushed the vehicle and parked it near her hut. I wanted to hand over the key to her and move. But I could not find her. I was perplexed and wanted to thank and leave the place. After five minutes she was standing in front of me and made me to sit in the porch of the house. On a small plate there was a bottle of chilled cool drink brought freshly from the nearby shop was served to me chilled condition. The same was so refreshing as I was drained out energy by the sudden development.
It is another story, On return from Chennai I went to her house and found that the vehicle had stopped as I had forgotten to fuel the same !!!!
                                              

No comments: