Friday, December 23, 2016

HUMOR AT WORK


Work is worship !

Work fills our day...work keeps us busy ! Work helps to fill our coffers !!

Work also fills us with humor on and off !

It was 2005. I had just then taken up an assignment in Thailand with a M.N.C and started setting up my office. I was getting used to my team. Virtually every thing was very new to me.

One day morning, after reaching my office, I started going through reports off night shift.

There was a knock at the door. I asked the person standing outside to come in. There was a Shift Supervisor standing outside and she walked in and sat in front of me.

Right then in India night shift work for female members was a taboo and we could never find someone taking up a night shift job, that too in production.

I asked the lady politely what the matter was. She replied to me " Khun. Chari ( "Khun" means Sir in Thai language) there were many many kisses in the night shift. I need a fan in my office".

I was taken aback and asked her to repeat what  she had said. She repeated verbatim the same thing.

I had no choice other than seeking help from my HR department. I rang them up and asked them to come to my office. The HR manager rushed immediately and asked the lady what was the matter and burst in to laughter.

The lady was asked to go by him and then the HR manager explained to me that the lady was bothered by mosquitoes in the night and she was referring to the mosquito bites as "Kisses" as she was not very familiar with English.

Needless to mention here the same evening she had a brand new pedestal fan to get rid of "kisses" in the night shift !!

No comments: